Free bets are basically free balances which are given to players for either signing up for an account on a particular site or for continuing to make use of their services. By definition, these bets do not involve any risk and the most important point behind free betting is that you get the chance to win something without actually risking anything. Because of this, the concept of a free bet is often considered as one of the best characteristics of online betting and gambling. For some, it’s a form of marketing, but a lot of people generally enjoy it.
However, it’s also important to remember that free bets are always attached to certain conditions. These conditions are meant to limit your options and, at the same time, act as a sort of general introduction to the services of the betting website which offers them. For example, in many cases, you can only use your free bets in one go, and you are forbidden to split up the amount between different options or selections.
Due to these constraints, it’s important that you always read the terms and conditions of a particular website in regards to free betting. If you were to make a bet on items which are outside the scope of free betting then you could easily lose your free bet balances without winning anything.
I have compiled a full free bets list below which shows each bookmakers offer and the terms and conditions of the free bet promotion they are offering to new customers.
When you sign-up using promo code C30 and place a bet of £10/€10 or more we will give you 3 x £10/€10 free bets. (See full terms here)
Significant Conditions as taken from William Hills website
- New William Hill online customers only
- Min. unit stake of £10/€10 at odds of 1/2 or greater
- Only the “win” part from EW bets will count
- Free bet terms, payment method & country restrictions apply
- Free bets credited as 3 x £10/€10
- Free bet stakes are not returned as part of the settlement of successful free bets
- All Free Bets must be wagered within 30 days.
- Paypal excluded from offer.
- Cash in my bet will be available for bets placed using a free bet (minus the value of the initial free bet)
Terms & Conditions as taken from Quinnbet’s website
1. This promotion is only valid for new UK customers.
2. To be eligible for this offer, your qualifying bet of at least £10 or more at odds of evens (2.0) or greater must be settled.
3. Cashed out bets will not count towards this offer.
The 2 x £5 free bets:
4. If your qualifying first bet of £10 or greater wins or loses, 2 x £5 free bets will be credited to your account within 48 hours of the qualifying bet settling and must be used in full within 7 days. After the 7 days, the free bets will expire.
5. The free bets can be used on all QuinnSports events at odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater.
6. A multiple combinations of bets such as a Trixie/Patent/Yankee is not permissible with the free bet, however any bet that is a straight accumulator such as a Double, Treble, 4-fold etc is.
7. Any returns from the free bets will be paid back into your account minus the free bet stake.
8. If your free bet is subsequently voided, it will be replaced within 48 hours.
The Free Spins
10. Free spins will be awarded on Temple Quest Spinfinity, the day after your qualifying bet settles.
11. Winnings from free spins will be paid into the cash balance.
12. The maximum amount that can be gained from the free spins is £20.
13. Free spins value is £0.10 per spin.
14. Free spins do not guarantee winnings.
15. All free spins are valid for 7 days upon activation.
Additional Terms & Conditions
16. Only one QuinnBet promotion can be entered at any one time and the offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
17. Customers who deposit using Neteller/Skrill do not qualify for this offer.
18. This offer is limited to one free bet award per person/household/IP address per day.
19. This offer applies to bets placed on the desktop, mobile, and QuinnBet app.
20. QuinnBet reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to exclude certain customers from this promotion.
21. QuinnBet reserves the right, at its absolute discretion to withdraw and remove this promotion from its website at any time.
22. QuinnBet General Terms and Conditions apply.
Join 888 sport with the promo code 30f and get £30 worth of free bets. (view full terms here)
Terms & Conditions as taken from 888 sports website
The following are the terms and conditions of the “Bet 10 Get 30 Welcome Offer” promotion (the “Promotion“) for www.888sport.com (the “Site”). The Promotion is organized by the applicable Company (as defined in the User Agreement) who is the operator of the Site. Your participation in this Promotion shall be deemed to constitute your complete acceptance of the provisions below.
- The Promotion commences on 31/07/2017 and is an ongoing Promotion, currently without an end date, we will provide reasonable notice of when the Promotion is to come to an end.
- No-one under the age of 18 or the age of legal consent for engaging in the gambling services made available through the Site under the laws of any jurisdiction, whichever is higher may participate in this Promotion.
- For security and verification purposes, we reserve the right to limit participation in this Promotion to: (i) one per household; (ii) one per computer terminal; or (iii) one per mobile device; (iv) one per email address; (iv) one per payment details.
- We may alter these terms and conditions, including without limitation where required for security reasons, as a result of exceptional circumstances beyond our control or as a result of changes to applicable law or regulation.
- Withdrawing funds: The amount you are able to withdraw from your account is subject to minimum and maximum limits. If your withdrawal request is for less than the relevant allowable amount, the funds will be returned to your bankroll. You can find details of the minimum and maximum withdrawal limits in our “Withdrawal Policy”.
- By participating in this Promotion each member agrees to these terms and conditions which govern the Promotion, along with the “User Agreement” which includes but is not limited to the Bonus Policy.
- You may only participate in this Promotion if you have completed the registration process at the Site, provided complete, truthful and accurate information in connection thereto, including without limitation, in respect of email address and payment details, and have opted to participate in this Promotion through the applicable landing page home page or other communication medium on the Site, to which these terms and conditions are linked to.
- All new customers located in certain jurisdictions, territories and states (other than the United Kingdom) may be deemed ineligible for this offer at the absolute discretion of 888sport. Ineligible jurisdictions may be confirmed with 888sport Customer Services prior to application.
888sport reserve the right to modify, suspend or cancel this promotion without prior notice.
- In order to be eligible for this promotion, members must first make a deposit of at least £10 using the promotional code “30F”
- The promotion code is only eligible for the first approved deposit and cannot be used on any subsequent deposits.
Bet 10 Get 30
- Under the terms of this Promotion, eligible members will receive £30 in free bets at the Site. In order to receive the welcome offer, members must first place a qualifying bet.
- A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 (£20 e/w) placed on any sports markets. For example a bet of £5 e/w (£10 in total) would not be eligible for this promotion
- Free bet stakes, Permutation and Void bets do not qualify for this promotion.
- Bets that are ‘Cashed Out’ do not qualify.
- First qualifying bet must be placed within 30 days of registration.
- Bonuses will be applied to qualifying accounts upon bet settlement. (Please allow 72 hours in extenuating circumstances).
- Members depositing with PayPal, Entropay, Paysafe, Neteller or Skrill will not be eligible for this promotion.
- This offer is limited to one per person, household, IP, device, e-mail address or payment details.
- This promotion cannot be combined with any other acquisition offer.
- 888sport reserves the right to withhold or retract any free bets and winnings generated if free bet tokens are mistakenly credited or patterns of abuse are found.
- 888sport offers are intended for recreational players and 888sport may limit the eligibility of customers to participate in any promotion.
- In exceptional cases, 888 may conclude promotions, bonuses or special offers before the end of the advertised period or may prolong the period of a promotion, bonus or special offer for example due to security or bonus abuse issues.
- This offer is available for 888sport account holders only.
- Your deposit balance (defined as Transaction Balance under our Withdrawal Policy) is available for withdrawal at any time. General withdrawal terms apply. For further info see our Withdrawal Policy.
- Withdrawing funds: The amount you are able to withdraw from your account is subject to minimum and maximum limits. If your withdrawal request is for less than the relevant allowable amount, the funds will be returned to your Bankroll. You can find details of the minimum and maximum withdrawal limits in our Withdrawal Policy.
£/$/€30 Free Bets
- Free Bets will be credited in denominations of £/$/€10 (2 x £/$/€10 and 1 x £/$/€10
that can only be used on a mobile device).£/$/€30 Free Bets in total.
£/$/€20 Free Bets
- Free bet tokens cannot be redeemed on each way bets or Permutations.
- Free bet tokens must be used in their entirety. They cannot be used to place a succession of smaller bets.
- Member bet limits also apply to Free Bet placement.
- Free bet tokens expire 7 days after credit.
- Free bet stakes are not included in any returns.
£/$/€10 Free Bet For Mobile
- Free bet token can only be redeemed on a mobile device.
- Free bet token cannot be redeemed on each way bets or Permutations.
- Free bet token must be used in their entirety. They cannot be used to place a succession of smaller bets.
- Member bet limits also apply to Free Bet placement.
- Free bet token expires 7 days after credit.
- Free bet stakes are not included in any returns.
On the other hand, in using a free bet, it’s important to remember that there is no correct or incorrect way to use a free bet. Like other forms of gambling, some strategies and options are better than others, but it’s really a matter of taste, so it’s your call. Free bets are usually just credited into a user’s balance, after which he or she will be free to bet the amount in whatever way they like. You will also need to indicate on your bet slip that you want to use your free bet balance as oppose to your actual balance if you want to make a free bet.
Free bets are also given after a particular amount has been bet by the punter. These amounts usually vary and they are given to the punters who open accounts with their bookmakers. In a lot of cases, free bets usually match the amount that was first staked by the punter, but it varies. There are different kinds of free betting, and they have their own set of terms and guidelines, although they are usually not that different from each other.
Finally, it’s worth pointing out that a free bet will have a time limit. What this means, of course, is that if you don’t use your free balance within the allotted amount of time, they will be removed. Also, in certain cases, if your account remains open too long before you place the initial stake then it’s possible that the free bet may not be credited. Because of these time limits, it’s important that you read the free bet rules carefully in order to make the most out of your free bets.
Free Bet Types
There are different types of free bet offers currently available across the internet and here is a brief description of 5 types of free bet that you can claim from online bookmakers.
Deposit match free bet – Get the same amount as your first deposit as a free bet or bonus.
No deposit required free bet – Like it says you won’t have to deposit any cash to claim this free bet offer.
Target based free bet – Usually, these types of an offer are based on you betting on a horse for example with your free bet and if it wins you get another free bet.
Unlock-able free bet – This type of offer has to be unlocked usually via wager requirement or staking requirements. For example, you will need to place 5 bets of £5 or more at odds of 2/1 or more to receive a free bet of £5.
Free betting clubs – Some bookmakers also cater to their existing customers with free betting clubs. Usually, you are required to stake a certain amount each week to receive a free bet every week.
Be sure to check out my bookmaker reviews for more information on each bookmaker listed here.